Hey hey, besties! Can you believe July is already over? That means it’s time to do a monthly self-reflection. So grab your notebooks and coffee, and join me as we go over last month and plan our goals for August.
Wrapping Up July 2021
July was a little rough for me, I’ll be honest. I fell into a little bit of a rut during week 3 but week 4 ended up being the most productive week for me after I got out of my rut with some personal motivation.
My July To-Do’s / Goals
1. Take my dog, Roxie, on a walk at least 4 times a week: If you were following my Instagram stories this month, I tried to post every time I was out with Roxie for a walk. The first week I crushed that goal, week 2 was also a success with one of the walks being a 3 mile one with my mom and her German Shepard, Amara. Week 3 was a bit of a dud, as I only brought her out twice as it was super hot later in the week. Week 4 I only brought her out 3 times because I actually left for vacation on Thursday.
2. Get back to a running schedule: This goal fell by the wayside. I ran twice the first week but then lost it again for the rest of the month. I did run once in week 4 but I have a plan for next month to get back at it.
3. Schedule a brain dumping session every morning to clear my head: I was pretty good about this goal actually. I brain-dumped almost every morning and filled my to-do list. I was also able to organize my to-do’s well by doing this every morning, instead of just sporadically throughout the day.
Here’s what I loved doing during the month of July.
My favorite quote from the past month:
“Success does not depend on your age, a degree, your wealth, or your IQ; it does depend on your belief in yourself and your goals.”
Here’s my favorite affirmation from the past month:
This month I really got outside more and enjoyed the summer weather. I went tubing and water skiing with my dad and brother. My dad even got up on water skis for the first time in 25 years.
Then my best friend’s 21st birthday was this month. We went mini-golfing during the day and then met up for drinks and pizza later. It was a fun day to celebrate and hang out with friends.
And despite the hot weather this month, I’ve still made time to get outside with my dog and have gone hiking with my mom.
Remember to plan a few fun activities next month. Summer doesn’t last very long, so take advantage of the nice weather and get outside.
What do you love doing in the summer?
Planning August 2021
The first week of August I will be on vacation visiting my sister in New York. It’ll be a fun getaway and break from my busy life. But being gone the first week of the month doesn’t mean I’m not planning any goals for August. I’ll be ready to hit the ground running as soon as I come back. So here’s what I have planned for August.
My August 2021 To-Do’s / Goals
1. Continue with exercise goals from last month: I plan to keep working on my exercise goals from last month. Walking Roxie 4 times a week and running twice a week.
2. Posting More IG Reels: I haven’t quite decided if I want to try the popular 30 Instagram Reels Challenge yet, but I am going to try posting more reels next month.
3. Soak in as much sun as I can before summer’s over: this is really a measurable goal but I wanted to make note of it to remind myself to get outside and take advantage of the warm weather before it’s gone.
4. Make a reading goal/plan for the rest of the year: I just started reading a new personal growth book called “The 5am Club”, but once I’m done with that one I don’t know what I’m gonna read next so I need to take a trip over to Amazon and order some new books. Also, I’m a little off track for my fiction reading goal for the year, so I need to get back on track with that.
What books have you been reading?
Alright, that’s another Monthly Reflection Coffee Chat all wrapped up. What are your guys’ goals for next month? Let me know in the comments and we can cheer each other on.
Btw there won’t be a regular Thursday blog post this week since I’ll be on vacation, but don’t worry, I’ll be back with an awesome blog post the following week.
Have an amazing month! Love you guys!
– Alyssa ❤️