It’s that time of the year again! Everyone is getting ready to throw out the past year and start planning for an even better new year. And one of the most popular ways to get ready for the new year is by creating New Year’s Resolutions.
When it comes to picking a new year’s resolution, many people go with the classic “I want to lose weight”, “I want to get in better shape”, “I want to eat healthier”, or “I want to quit a bad habit”.
While there is nothing wrong with those new year’s goals, I think we can come up with something more unique and exciting this year. And because we talk about personal growth a lot on this blog, let’s choose a personal growth new year’s resolution.
I’m ready to make 2023 a year for personal growth and self-improvement. How about you?
To help you come up with a proper new year’s resolution for personal growth, here are 30 unique ideas.
Pin it to read later ?
30 New Year’s Resolutions for Self-Improvement and Personal Growth in 2023
To help you navigate this blog post, I’ve divided it into the 5 areas of personal growth. I suggest you decide on 2-3 areas of personal growth that you want to focus on in the new year and then pick your new year’s resolutions based on that.
Remember to pick resolutions that you are actually excited about. That’ll help keep the motivation up all year long.
** Some of the resolutions link out to other blog posts to help you if you decide on that goal for the new year **
Mental Personal Growth
1. Read a self-help book for 30 minutes every day
2. Listen to podcasts or audiobooks on your way to work
3. Take an online course or class on something you’re interested in
Social Personal Growth
4. Learn a new language
5. Take a public speaking class
6. Schedule more dates with your significant other
7. Spend more quality time with your friends
8. Call or visit your parents once a week
Spiritual Personal Growth
9. Go for weekly nature walks by yourself
10. Spend time in prayer every morning
11. Meditate for 5-10 minutes every day
12. Read your Bible more
13. Participate in a weekly bible study with your peers
Emotional Personal Growth
14. Start a daily journaling practice
16. Track your mood in your daily journal or planner
Physical Personal Growth
17. Practice yoga
18. Workout 3-5 times a week
19. Focus on getting 6-8 hours of sleep every night
20. Try meal planning so you can eat healthier meals and snacks
21. Drink enough water every day
22. Try out meal prepping every Sunday to save time during the week
23. Try a new hobby you’re interested in
24. Work on becoming an earlier riser
25. Practice daily self-care
26. Take time every day, week, and/or month for self-reflection
27. Make daily to-do lists
28. Go on a solo trip
29. Watch less tv or spend less time on social media
30. Try doing something that’s out of your comfort zone once a week
Final Thoughts on New Year’s Resolutions
As we head into the New Year, it’s a great idea to make a plan on how you want to improve yourself so you can live a happier, healthier dream life.
Make sure you choose goals you’re excited about, that will truly benefit ‘future you’.
Don’t fall into the trap of making goals you don’t care about that will fall off the wagon by February.
I hope my list of 30 personal growth goals for the new year helped you out.
Good luck this year! And remember, You can do anything you put your mind to!
*If you need help setting up your new year’s goal for success, check out my brand new goal planning workshop.
Pin it for others to enjoy ?
What New Year’s Resolutions are you making for 2023? Share with us in the comments below so we can cheer you on!